Sunday, December 16, 2007

It's A Bit Parky Round These Here Parts

It's short and sweet today. So far this week I have: Bought all my Christmas Presents and actually wrapped some of them - Hooray, Bought and posted all my cards - Again Hooray, Organised and sent invitations for my Hogmanay Party - Phew. However just as I was congratulating myself on my amazing organisational abilities my boiler broke down. It hasn't exactly stopped working; more it's making a noise that sounds as if it is channelling all the agonies of the world out into my kitchen - ie it is none too pleasant. To put it out of its misery I have now turned it off in the vain hope that I will find a heating engineer before the Christmas Holidays and, more importantly, before my Hogmanay Party. Should I contact my friends now and ask them to bring woolly jumpers?

12 comments:

Kelly Innes said...

Yes-woolly jumpers and hot water bottles a must. Have just spent the whole weekend waiting in for an emergency plumber when our boiler went up the swanee....with house guests....fortunately they were very good natured about the whole thing, but I certainly wasn't. Hope it's sorted soon.

Jon Peake said...

Once the party starts a-rockin' there'll be no need for knitwear.

Kolley Kibber said...

Lots of layers, Gwen. And brandy. Actually, make that layers of brandy.

Anonymous said...

Tell them to bring woolly jumpers anyway. And a takeaway.

Crystal xx

auntiegwen said...

You see, just when you think you're on top of things, life has a nasty habit of biting you in the ass !!!

Omega Mum said...

Am so sorry to hear about your boiler. Have you found an engineer yet?

Squirmy Popple said...

Nothing says happy new year like woolly jumpers and cups of hot tea!

Gwen said...

Thanks All

The boiler is well and truly dead, however I now have a complicated system of electric heaters to keep me warm until I get my new boiler.

Cheers

Valentine Suicide said...

Hey G,

Have a great Christmas!

Gwen said...

Thanks VS - You too!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Gwen

Have a Merry, even if chilly, Christmas! I've enjoyed your blog at lot this year. So best wishes as a fellow near-Glasweigan. Speaking of which, I was at Stobhill Hospital recently and there was a guy walking about in shorts and t-shirts in the typical minus 2 degree weather. Oy.

Gwen said...

Thanks Cerebusboy. I have a number of strategically placed heaters now so hopefully it shouldn't be too cold. It doesn't matter how cold it is however, there is always someone with short sleeves isn't there. I hope that you too have a lovely Christmas.