Wednesday, August 01, 2007

It's Edinburgh Time

It’s that time of the year again. I won’t be blogging for a few days now as it’s time to make my annual pilgrimage to The Edinburgh Festival (Hooray). Among the highlights for us this year will be Richard Herring and Robin Ince. I’m not sure what my friends have chosen for us to see, but that adds to the general excitement of not knowing quite what to expect.

What you can expect however, is a full round up of the Festival goings on on my return at the beginning of next week. Have a lovely weekend whatever you do.

I will leave you with Shower Protocol (not my own work but doing the e mail rounds at the moment and sent to me by R.) Enjoy!


Shower Protocol
How To Shower Like a Woman

Take off clothes and place them sectioned in laundry basket according to lights and darks.
Walk to bathroom wearing long dressing gown.
If you see husband along the way, cover up any exposed areas.
Look at your womanly physique in the mirror - make mental note to do more sit-ups/leg-lifts, etc.
Get in the shower.
Use face cloth, arm cloth, leg cloth, long loofah, wide loofah and pumice stone.
Wash your hair once with cucumber and sage shampoo with 43 added vitamins.
Wash your hair again to make sure it's clean.
Condition your hair with grapefruit mint conditioner enhanced.
Wash your face with crushed apricot facial scrub for 10 minutes until red.

Wash entire rest of body with ginger nut and jaffa cake body wash.
Rinse conditioner off hair.
Shave armpits and legs.
Turn off shower.
Squeegee off all wet surfaces in shower.
Spray mould spots with Tile cleaner.

Get out of shower.

Dry with towel the size of a small country.
Wrap hair in super absorbent towel.
Return to bedroom wearing long dressing gown and towel on head.
If you see husband along the way, cover up any exposed areas.
How To Shower Like a Man

Take off clothes while sitting on the edge of the bed and leave them in a pile.
Walk naked to the bathroom.
If you see wife along the way, shake willy at her making the 'woo-woo' sound.
Look at your manly physique in the mirror.
Admire the size of your willy and scratch your bum.
Get in the shower.

Wash your face.
Wash your armpits.
Blow your nose in your hands and let the water rinse them off.
Fart and laugh at how loud it sounds in the shower.

Spend majority of time washing privates and surrounding area.
Wash your bum, leaving those coarse bum hairs stuck on the soap.
Wash your hair.
Make a Shampoo Mohawk.
Wee.
Rinse off and get out of shower.

Partially dry off.
Fail to notice water on floor because curtain was hanging out of bath the whole time.
Admire willy size in mirror again.

Leave shower curtain open, wet mat on floor, light and fan on.
Return to bedroom with towel around waist.

If you pass wife, pull off towel, shake willy at her and make the 'woo-woo' sound again.
Throw wet towel on bed.

Is it just me or is it easier and more fun for men?

15 comments:

Kelly Innes said...

Tee hee. Enjoy the festival. If you see anything with 'sound design' by Matt Downing, let me know!!

muddyboots said...

enjoy the festival

www.ayewonder.com said...

This certainly seems familiar (and true).

Kolley Kibber said...

Someone has obviously planted a small camera in my bathroom...

Gwen, have a wonderful Festival time - enjoy Robin I and Richard H. Remember, Mr Herring is not so much 'near the knuckle' as 'in it right up to his elbow'.

Squirmy Popple said...

Enjoy the festival! I didn't buy any tickets this year, but I might go over anyway and see what I can pick up on the day.

Unknown said...

That made me laugh out loud!! Hope you have a super weekend, look forward to hearing all about it next week.

Omega Mum said...

Have a lovely time and thanks for raising a laugh......

Anonymous said...

just found your blog - thanks for the chuckle. how very true too. yup, i'd agree: alot more fun, alot less hassle for the blokes.

Gari said...

I hope you had a lovely time at the Festival. However, can I just point out that the accepted phrase when waving things about is not "woo woo" but "WAY-HEY".
This is usually swiftly followed by the response, "Aw, bless, it's like a penis, only much smaller..."

Apparently.

Gwen said...

Thanks all for your comments. I had a fun time and have now posted part one of our adventures. I hope you get to go to the festival. It really is worth it.

Thanks for your visit Reluctant Memsahib. Please do visit again.

Valentine Suicide said...

Glad you had fun G. Look forward to reading about it. Especially Herring.

I need to know about Robin Ince also, as the show I had tickets for was last Thursday but couldn't make it. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Gwen said...

The Herring post is up on the blog now VS and the Ince one will be appearing shortly.

It's a shame you missed the Ince show. I'm sure you would have loved it, although it was just a tad intellectual for me and I did switch off at one point but the rest more than made up for it.

Valentine Suicide said...

PS, G - For information I do not make ..ahem 'Woo woo' sounds.... I usually just shout "TA-DA!"

I'm classier than your average fellow.

Iota said...

I think you'd enjoy this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qehxjub5lyo

There are various versions. I saw an earlier one a few weeks ago which I thought had better music, but I can't find it now.

Gwen said...

Thanks Iota. I'll have a look. Please do visit again.