Tuesday, April 17, 2007

I'd like to thank

I had a lovely surprise yesterday whilst perusing my “favourites list” of blogs to discover that I had been nominated for a Thinking Blogger Award by Katie whose excellent blog I would encourage you to read here. http://longayelander.blogspot.com/. Take a look and I’m sure that you will enjoy.

Of course this begs the question – Do I think while Blogging? What I can say is that in the light of the very high quality of writing in most of the blogs I have visited, I am on a continual quest to raise the game with my own blog writing. At the end of the day, that can only be a positive thing.

It is now my pleasure, according to the requirements of the Thinking Blogger Award, for me to nominate 5 blogs which make me think and which I would recommend that you visit forthwith.

1. I have to start my list with the blog which started all my blogging shenanigans. I give you Mr Andrew Collins. An excellent blog on films, TV, books and ornithology. Oh and he's also a very nice man.

http://www.wherediditallgoright.com/BLOG/

2. A bittersweet mix of thought provoking and funny articles from Clair. She also updates her blog layout on a regular basis which indicates a healthy interest in tidiness and spring cleaning.

http://theurbanwoo.blogspot.com/

3. Fun and frolics with Rich in his Sea of Cheese. Just don’t tell Mrs Rich.

http://aseaofcheese.blogspot.com/

4. Valentine Suicide: An iPod free zone providing a witty and insightful meander through life.

http://valentinesuicide.blogspot.com/
5. Ishouldbeworking: Informative, funny, good anecdotes, a nice blog layout and using words like rumpus and bedecked. You can't really go far wrong can you?

http://ihouldbeworking.blogspot.com/

11 comments:

Jon Peake said...

All my faves covered there, Gwen.

Gwen said...

Cheers Five Centres. There's some more good links on my links section as well.

Clair said...

Thanks for the recommendation, Gwen.

Gwen said...

No problem Clair - it's a pleasure

Valentine Suicide said...

Thanks Gwen!

Witty and insightful? Surely you mean shitty and insipid?

Bright Ambassador said...

Thanks for the nomination, Gwen

Gwen said...

Now now Valentine don't be so hard on yourself or indeed on your blog. Shitty and Insipid doesn't have quite the same ring to it anyway:)

Gwen said...

Rich

Glad to have been of service to you.

Gwen said...

Aren't we a terrible nation of self-deprecators. At least it makes for some good comedy though.

Pepette said...

Hi Gwen,

Just found your blog (and your comment) on Katie's blog. I think I've been on your blog before in the early days but it got lost in my very long list of favourites. I'm glad you found me and I'll be back often now!
And please, don't hesitate to comment on my blog - most of my readers do read and speak english anyway!

Oh and thanks for the recommendations - even though I'm running out of hours in the day to read everyone!

Gwen said...

Hi Pepette

Thanks for your comment and thanks for being a visitor here. It's very much appreciated. I certainly know what it's like not to have enough hours in the day to read blogs, make comments, write posts, reply to comments... Oh and then there's my actual job on top of that. How we find the time is a minor miracle.