Thursday, May 31, 2007

I’ve Been Tagged

You may have seen these on other blogs. Basically you are tagged as I have been by The Good Woman and you reveal eight interesting facts about yourself and then nominate five other bloggers to do the same. Actually I’m going to nominate eight. I’m sure the Blogosphere Powers That Be won’t mind.
My eight facts are:

The most interesting event to happen on the day I was born was that Paul McCartney was fined for importing cannabis into Sweden. Sadly not much else of historical note happened that day although my parents might beg to differ (well at least I hope so).

I stopped going to the gym after realising that I had actually gained weight since starting. This may have been due to the fact that I thought that now I was going to the gym I could eat more sweets. I have since discovered that it doesn’t work like that. The gym and the sweets had to go.

I used to be in a band. We weren’t very good. We only played the sort of gigs where the band pays the venue to let them play. Then they paid us not to come back!

I have had a tiny piece of lead embedded in my finger since I was five years old, but no lead poisoning to speak of up till now.

I am right handed but can write almost perfect mirror writing with my left hand.

I can speak a tiny bit of French, but not enough to carry me through a conversation with a real French person (sorry Pepette) (unless they are speaking English of course).

My two favourite shows on at the moment are Ugly Betty and House. What I would be interested to know here from any American readers (Katie) is, is Hugh Laurie’s American accent any good or does it make you cringe every time you hear it?

I cry at most films and have even been known to cry while watching comedies. I have also been known to fall asleep during films and slept through “In Bed With Madonna”, but that doesn’t count because in my humble opinion it was an awful film.

Added Value - Buy 8 get one free extra fact - I am obsessed with the weather. But I think you might already have guessed that.

Now it’s your turn. My nominations are:-

Crystal Jigsaw
Kelly the Domestic Goddess
Kirsty in N’Awlins
I Should Be Working
Nunhead Mum of One
Omega Mum
Pepette
Valentine Suicide

Have fun and I look forward to reading your interesting facts.

22 comments:

Omega Mum said...

Thanks, Gwen. Blimey. I'm honoured yet strangely scared. Is there a time limit or can I have time to run through my suddenly empty life...?

Gwen said...

Oh no Omega Mum. There's no time limit. I was tagged at the end of last week so I had a few days to think up some answers. This was just as well really because it took me some time to think of anything interesting. In fact I'm still not sure that I have done, but it's the best I could come up with. It's a bit of fun and nice to read interesting things about other people. I look forward to your list.

Kelly Innes said...

Grrr- can't think of anything. Thanks, I think!

Gwen said...

Don't worry Kelly. It took me ages to think of anything. Also, if you don't do it you won't be struck down by some terrible gypsy curse or anything so don't worry.

Cheers

Anonymous said...

I didn't think I was particulary interesting, however,..... Thanks for the nomination - I'll do my best and hope I don't bore the pants off you! Crystal x

Valentine Suicide said...

oooooh Gwen! You wee minx!

Valentine Suicide said...

PS, G - I note I am the only male tagged. Should I be honoured or offended?

Cursed Tea said...

done - you task master!!

Gwen said...

Thanks Crystal. I'm sure you won't bore anyone. Other people's facts are always interesting.

Valentine - I would take it as an compliment to be an "honourary girl". I've been an "honourary boy" in the past and it's great fun. You will need to grow your hair long enough to put it up in pigtails mind.

Thanks Kirsty. I'll come over and take a look.

Kelly Innes said...

Ages, indeed. Have very promptly revealed eight vaguely interesting things, just for you (and the other mad buggers who think my life is worth reading about!)

Gwen said...

They were excellent facts, as were everyone's who has done it so far. Thanks

Pepette said...

Gwen, thanks for the tag!
I racked my brains all night and I hope you enjoy reading my interesting facts!

By the way, you don't have to apologise about the french thing !I think it's amazing that you read and understand my blog. My boyfriend of over 6 years still can't have a conversation in French ...

Anonymous said...

Signed, sealed & delivered. However, if you don't mind I'm having a think about the five nominations. I'll post them sometime over the weekend. Thanks!
Crystal xx

Kolley Kibber said...

Been offline for a couple of days while my new Mac 'beds in'...so this is a bit of a challenge. But rely on it, I shall deliver...

Anonymous said...

Gwen, I'm awfully sorry to use your blog but as you're one of my favourites I hope you won't mind. Can you help me please? I have no idea how to set up a "Blogs I Follow" list or link list or whatever it's called. I've tried alsorts but getting nowhere. Advice would be gratefully received! Many thanks, Crystal x

Squirmy Popple said...

I'm not too bothered by his accent, actually.

Gwen said...

Morning all. The home PC is still playing up so I haven't been on line over the weekend.

Thanks Nunhead Mum, I'll be over to take a look.

Thanks ISBW and believe you me I quite understand the "joys" of getting computers to do what you want them to. I look forward to your list.

Crystal I will come over and try to sort you out. No problem.

Obviously Hughs accent is good Katie.

Gwen said...

Hi Pepette. Yes I think I can understand the gist of the blogs so I must be doing OK and I will enjoy reading your list.

Kolley Kibber said...

Gewn, how did the lead get in your finger? An errant pencil, or a grouse-shoot?

Gwen said...

Sadly not a grouse shoot, although that might have made a better story. With the innate common sense of a five year old I sharpened a pencil as far as it would go and then hit it off the table sharp side up. You can imagine the results. The finely sharpened end broke off and became wedged in my finger, leaving a nice mark, a small bump and an interesting battle scar. Mind you you really need a magnifying glass to see it, which is rather disappointing.

The Good Woman said...

Hi Gwen. Great list. I too love House. And have yet to meet a Scot who is not obsessed about the weather. In fact, I've found it strangely intriguing since I've been here too...

Gwen said...

Thanks Good Woman. Most people I know seem to love House so it must be doing something right. I think we are so obsessed by the weather because it is so unpredictable and can do such crazy things. We can be being hailstoned upon one moment and bathed in hot sunshine the next. How could we not be obsessed by that?