Monday, February 12, 2007

Friday Night is Ceilidh Night

Being Scottish I suppose you would expect me to go to the odd ceilidh. And so it was that I was at a ceilidh on Friday night. It was a lot of fun as these things tend to be. I remember when I was a lot younger they would be quite wild affairs and you wouldn't get out without a few bruises. I have to say that this one was a much gentler affair which I was pretty happy with. Not that I couldn't cope but I just don't get the same excitement nowadays from being thrown around a room and finding myself lying on the floor a few times per dance.
Some of the aforementioned teenagers (see previous post) were also there. I have to say that they behaved impeccably and I noticed that most of the girls had identical shoes. Very high heeled black numbers and I haven't a clue how they danced in them, but dance they did.
I also got the soap operaesqe stories of who was going out with/being dumped by who and it almost made me quite nostalgic for the teenage years but let me say almost - not quite totally!
The boys were still at the gangly tall stage but they will hopefully soon muscle/beef up a bit. Once that's done, they will be able to throw the girls round the room with all the gusto that I remember the boys doing when I was at that age.
PS On Saturday night I went to tea at my mum and dads with my gran who turned 93 that day. I reckon she could still show us a thing or two about dancing.

2 comments:

Bright Ambassador said...

Glad to hear you had a good weekend, Gwen!

Gwen said...

Indeed yes Rich. Followed by my supervising a sleepover on Monday night and sleeping myself yesterday.