Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Pump it Up

I was pleasantly surprised to see this article today.

http://lifeandhealth.guardian.co.uk/wellbeing/story/0,,2017064,00.html

I thought I was almost alone in thinking that the music at my local gym is totally inappropriate for a good workout. I mean they play things like James Blunt and Razorlight. Now how are you supposed to get a good going workout with slow insipid songs (no offence to Razorlight and James Blunt fans - but it's not gym music now is it). I want good going dancy music with big beats - music that I won't have a clue of the name of the track or the act (it's not songs and bands with dance music is it?) I'm never going to get fit with James Blunt and Razorlight - unless of course it's from running to get far away from it.

5 comments:

Bright Ambassador said...

May I suggest an iPod?

Gwen said...

Rich

I think you may very well be right. Maybe that's why everyone else has them. If you are interested AC has a good post at the moment about weird subject lines on spam. I wish I'd thought if it first. I've posted a long list of strange and weird subject lines. Well it gave me a laugh anyway!

Anonymous said...

Or just didnae go, like you said you would. I see their music has scared you off!!


Linds

Valentine Suicide said...

I think you should change gyms!
This music will eventually pollute you.

James Blunt- man or rhyming slang?

Althother now-

Uh uh Oh
Somethin' 'bout America
uh Uh Oh
Bla-di-blah America..

:)

Gwen said...

Valentine Suicide

I think you have a very good point about the polluting efffect of music. I have some rather embarrasing records in my collection bought as a result of pollution of this type.

Cheers