Monday, February 19, 2007

Quiz Show

After comments from a regular correspondent on this blog (or blob as one of my friends refers to them) I have to admit my liking for radio phone in quizzes. Although I would never admit my ignorance by actually phoning in myself I take great pleasure in shouting at the radio variously - "No", "Wrong", "How could you even think that", "Yes, I know that one its..." etc. etc. My particular favourites are The Betamax Challenge and Six Degrees of Separation on Stuart Maconie's show on Radio 2 on Saturdays. If I'm listening during the day it's the dulcet tones of Ken Bruce and Popmaster that I shout at. Well it's a bit of fun isn't it - until the neighbours and other motorists think you a bit barmy - anyway!!
So, what are your favourite phone-ins, have you entered any and have you ever won anything on any?
Do tell all.

9 comments:

ianbee said...

Hello. thought i'd return your visit. I went into work last week and someone told me that someone with my name had won something on a radio quiz. but it wasn't me. not a great story, but it's the closest i've ever been to entering a radio quiz.
ian

Gwen said...

Hi Ian

Thanks for your comment. It's a shame it wasn't you who won. We the prize any good?

Gwen said...

Sorry that should have been Was the prize any good?

ianbee said...

i never thought to ask. the story has got even more rubbish!

Gwen said...

Oh well - not to worry. It was still a good story.

Bright Ambassador said...

I've rung for Popmaster a few times, but never got through. Groo! Another crap story, I'm afraid.

Oh, and this week's Betamax Challenge was a bit on the easy side.

Gwen said...

Not to worry Rich I haven't even tried to ring in. I'm afraid I actually missed most of Stuart M's show on Saturday :( - had to go shopping - so didn't hear Betamax challenge and 6 degrees. But I went on to the website yesterday to get the answers to it! I thought it was quite a tricky one this week. Not exactly difficult but the links weren't straightforward. How did you do on it?

Bright Ambassador said...

Didn't hear 6 Degrees I'm afriad.

Gwen said...

Rich - If you are interested:-

From Missing by Everything But The Girl to the Spice Girls Wannabe.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio2/shows/maconie/sixdegrees.shtml

It's a slightly awkward one I think.