Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Is This Art?

I read this review yesterday
"Controversial Turner Prizewinning Artist Martin Creed will be in Glasgow in Friday morning to talk about his recent short film Sick, a 20-minute work, featuring loops of people vomiting."
I mean "Eh"!! OK the word controversial should have warned me but who would really pay money to see a film of people being sick. And what would there be to talk about? Even just thinking about it would make me a subject for the film. Actually I wouldn't mind being a fly on the wall at this event just to see what kind of people would be interested in this sort of thing. I'm sure there would be certain people who could think up some fancy intellectual things to say but would they mean it?
I freely admit that I know absolutely diddly-squat about Art but on the basis of this kind of Art I would prefer to remain clueless.
Of course if anyone is interested I will gladly pass on further details!!

No comments: