Thursday, February 15, 2007

Water Water Everywhere

My downstairs neighbours are gutting their house. And when I say gutting I really mean gutting with such a passion and intensity that there is not a shred of humanity left in the house - well I'm sure it will look good when it is finished. They got someone in to give them a quote for redecorating the bathroom. Unfortunately he wouldn't give them a quote when he saw a rather nasty black stain coming down the wall from the direction of my bathroom. My neighbours I have to say were very nice about it but did indicate to me that this would need to be rectified forthwith before perhaps the black stain became a black trickle / stream / flood etc etc.
However - getting a plumber is not as easy as you might think. I called my usual trusted plumber. He would have done it but is off sick. I called another - He could do it in about 2 months time. My boss called his plumber. He couldn't do it until he had finished a job he is doing for our company - about 6 months away. Oh dear. Mental images of water water everywhere rising in the house like a rising panic. So the upshot is that my dad (who is nowhere near a plumber or any kind of tradesman - but is kind of handy about the house) will have a look instead.
Wish me luck.

5 comments:

Gia said...

Hi, Gwen... No, I didn't appear in AC's books. But I used to be friends with someone who did. :)

Gwen said...

Thanks Gia. I won't ask any more but having read the books I find it interesting to find out what become of the other people mentioned. I hope your friend is doing well.

Cheers

Gwen

Andrew Collins said...

He is. And I'm glad Gis is too.

Andrew Collins said...

Wrote that late at night. Clearly I meant "Gia" and not "Gis", which isn't even a name.

Gwen said...

Thanks Andrew. I hope the red wine hangover isn't too bad - Just think of all those good nutritional qualities in red wine!!!

Cheers