Monday, March 26, 2007

Funky Blue with Shocking Pink Circles

Yesterday was P Day for one of our youth club rooms. No more boring white walls - Oh No this room was getting a teenage makeover. Just after lunchtime we arrived bearing bright turquoise and pink paint to give the room the shock of its life. We made an enthusiastic start on the walls, covering them in the bright turquoise before planning our assault with the pink. Then us (allegedly more sensible) older ones went downstairs to let the paint dry, and to get ourselves some drinks. We thought that the girls would follow us but no, they were having too much fun upstairs.

When we returned after raiding the tuck shop, bright pink circles were starting to appear on the walls like some psychedelic dream. I thought that I would join in by painting a couple of circles, but no sooner had I drawn the outline than one of the girls had rushed in, bright pink brush in hand to enthusiastically apply the paint.

By the time we had finished, the room looked very impressive (or scary depending on your preference). The girls were happy, albeit with more paint on them than the walls (how does that happen?) and I was ready for a long hot bath.

The next person to go in will get the fright of their life and will hopefully not have taken any hallucinogenic drugs before they enter.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This post needs pictures!

Really makes the brown leafy wallpaper I put up yesterday sound boring though.

Gwen said...

John

I was thinking that myself. I will have to rectify the situation as soon as I can.

Cheers

Gwen