Thursday, March 08, 2007

Water Water Everywhere Part 2

Referring back to my previous post http://mckg.blogspot.com/2007/02/water-water-everywhere.html which concerned the mysterious black stain on my downstairs neighbours bathroom wall, my dad got into their house and had a look at it yesterday. My dad isn't a plumber but is handy round the house (my mum tells me I should find a man like that but I digress).
My dad does know quite a bit about these things but can't work out where the stain is coming from. Strangely it doesn't seem to be coming from under my floor (not directly under it anyway) or from the outside wall. Taking either her ceiling or my floor apart seems now to be the only option to find source of the problem. Of course my dad would rather do the former so it is up to me ask her today whether she would be willing to go ahead. We shall see.
The thought of having either her or my bathroom taken apart isn't a nice one but then I watched Grand Designs and realised how lucky I am that it is only the bathroom that might have to be messed with.

No comments: