Friday, March 16, 2007

Shaken, Not Stirred

I like to keep busy. Many people who know me would say that this borders on workaholism but you can never be sitting around twiddling your thumbs for too long (because when you do, you remember another job that needs doing).

The latest escapade keeping me out of mischief is organising a big James Bond Themed event to be held in a couple of months so no pressure there then. The event is held every year (this is the first year where they have been brave enough to ask me to co-ordinate it) and we always have a theme. James Bond seemed appropriate this year as it is 2007. I know, a bit corny, but that's the way we like it here.

As well as a theme we also like to have a celebrity to open it. This does tend to prove difficult as we are on a limited to non existent budget and celebrities just don't seem to go for that these days. We asked Madonna, and she would have loved to do it but she was going to be away in Malawi at the time. Something to do with a baby I believe.

So who could we ask now? Why Robbie Williams. Again he would have loved to have done it but he was booked into somewhere called The Priory. I've never heard of this place. It must be a luxury hotel I shouldn't wonder.

We were really stuck. Who would measure up to Robbie and Madonna. Then we hit on it. A Reality TV Show Contestant. And wouldn't you know it, someone in our team knew someone who knew someone etc who knew a certain former contestant in a Reality TV Show. That's six degrees of separation for you. By the way it's not Jade or Shilpa or both (which might make for an interesting day!). The said contestant has duly been approached but has "still to get back to us". We're not doing very well on this celebrity front are we but we are remaining positive that when this person realises that reality shows do not a career make, they will come running to us for a tiny bit of extra recognition. We can but dream. In the meantime it has been decided that we will get someone in our team to dress up as James Bond (he will have to dye his hair as it currently grey!) and open the event.

MMM I wonder if we should have asked the reality show contestant to dress up as James Bond? Maybe that would have persuaded them.

8 comments:

Claire said...

please tell me it's craig from BB1 dressed as sean connery. I'd love to hear him say shaken not stirred in his accent...

Gwen said...

Sorry to disappoint you but I'm afraid it's not. I don't want to say too much to identify the said person in case they read it and then get really put off coming or sue us for defamation or suchlike. As a clue I will say that the accent of the person would not be as unfamiliar to the likes of us than Craig's would be!!!

Claire said...

oh god. OH GOD. it's not? If it is who i think, that was my first thought - but they are not a celebrity! i am sure clare grogan's available! she's nice!

Gwen said...

I couldn't possibly comment!! However, if you had a contact for Claire Grogan that might be quite another matter!!:)

Unknown said...

"when this person realises that reality shows do not a career make, they will come running to us for a tiny bit of extra recognition"

You really do want to hope they don't read this blog ;-)

Gwen said...

John

You are right there. However, I have changed some vital details so I hope that they don't recognise themselves or the situation. Here's hoping eh!!

Bright Ambassador said...

If it's Claire Grogan, can I come?

Gwen said...

Another Clare Grogan fan eh? I'll need to see what I can do. If I get her you will be the first to know Rich ;).